Total Pageviews

Friday, October 25, 2013

Over Coffee



      No, this isn't about my withdrawal of drinking coffee and neither is this a paid write-up for SB (Starbucks). I am also not a coffee addict because I can survive a day without it. (Okay, maybe not too frequent.)

     I know there are some jokes going on that some go to SB to earn the bragging right that they can afford coffee at this "elite" coffee shop. Though I must admit that I find the prices of SOME beverages ridiculously high, but there are also some intangible perks to it. 

     I have this group of friends, though we seldom hang out, whom I really love and are very funny to be with. Because we each have our own lives to live and because our scheds are erratic, we seldom meet - usually when there's something to celebrate. (Lame excuse, eh). Whenever we meet, we always have dinner and then have coffee until the mall closes. (Maybe next time we should go to a branch that's operating 24/7, if there's any.) Coffee time is the time we catch up with what's going on with each other's lives. There's always a list of endless topics to talk about - personal lives, politics, careers, the latest in Showbiz and Yeye and Bryan's lovelife. ( Nope, they are not a couple.) The 2 to 3 hours of meaningful conversations helped rekindle and fortify the friendship that was somehow weakened by time and distance. It's a good idea that the coffee shop bills you for just at least P100 and you get to have one good coffee and an avenue for you and your loved ones to meet and greet. Hmmm. This leads me to this equation - Quality conversations equals quality time.


As far as SB is concerned, Yeye is Beauty.

Our group is getting bigger.

 SB already closing yet the conversation still continues.


No comments:

Post a Comment